Looking for a great recipe to host some friends for the football game? This Philly Cheesesteak will be a total crowd pleaser. Just set your slow cooker, cheer on your favorite team, enjoy your company and dinner will be ready at halftime!
Chicken Philly Cheesesteak
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 pound chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, peeled and sliced
- 3 medium-sized bell peppers (yellow/red/green), cut into strips
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 6 slices of provolone cheese (not needed until day of cooking)
- 1 gallon-sized plastic freezer bag
- Label your freezer bag.
- To your freezer bag, add all ingredients except cheese.
- Remove as much air from the freezer bag as possible, seal, and lay flat in your freezer.
- The night before cooking, move frozen bag to your refrigerator to thaw.
- The morning of cooking, pour contents of freezer bag into your slow cooker and cook on “low” setting for 4-6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Add sliced cheese and cook an additional 10 minutes or until melted.
SUGGESTED SIDE DISH: Serve on your favorite roll or over a bed of lettuce
Want more recipes like this? My Ebook: Healthy Crockpot Freezer Meals is now available on Amazon!